The DfE has released the final version of ‘Keeping children safe in education’ (KCSIE) that will be effective from September 2020 – this article breaks down the key changes.
The key points are as follows:
- The majority of the changes that were proposed have not been made
- KCSIE remains in force throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- DSLs have been given responsibility for the educational outcomes of children with a social worker
- New specific safeguarding issues are covered
- There are additional safeguarding issues covered in Annex A
- There is a new section on children potentially at greater risk of harm
- Information has been added about the flexible introduction of relationships education, RSE and health education
Click below to learn more information about each key point.